The Albanija Palace (Palata Albanija) is a tower located in the very heart of Belgrade, at the Terazije square at the end of Knez Mihailova Street. It is the first skyscraper built in Southeast Europe.
It was designed by Miladin Prljević and Đorđe Lazarević, based on the 1938 project by Branko Bon and Milan Grakalić. It was finished in 1940 and it was the first highrise building in Belgrade and for a long time the highest one, domineering the architecture of Belgrade of the time.
The origin of its name is traced back to the period before it was built, since a kafana named Albanija previously occupied the same spot.
On October 20, 1944, red flag placed on Palace Albanija declared that Belgrade was liberated from the Nazis by the Red Army and Yugoslav Partisan forces.