Most of the important sights and attractions are located in the city center. This area is also packed with business and administrative zones, culture venues, clubs, bars and restaurants.
The narrow ring
The narrow ring refers to the boroughs that surround Knez Mihailova, Bulevar and Kralja Milana streets and the Republic, Terazije and Nikola Pašić squares. This includes Upper Dorćol, Kosančićev Venac, Kalemegdan park, and Skadarlija zone.
The tram no 2 circuit
The area surrounded by the circuit of the tram line 2 (aka. Krug Dvojke), and the surrounding neighborhoods form a wider city center stretching to the St. Sava Temple, Savamala and Dorćol districts and parts of Vračar.
Posts related to Downtown Belgrade
- Downtown Central Hostel - Set in the heart of Belgrade, Downtown Central offers a high level of service for affordable price. Most of Belgrade attractions are within walking distance, same as popular nightlife spots. Just a short walk near […]
- Kafana ? (Question Mark) - The Question mark kafana is the oldest kafana (traditional restaurant) in Belgrade. It is a small charming house built in the traditional Balkan style at the beginning of the 19th century, across the street from […]
- Hotel Nevski **** - Features: Free Wi-Fi in the entire property, Room service, Packed lunches, Car hire, 24-hour front desk, Luggage storage, Laundry, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Shoeshine, Meeting/banquet facilities, Fax/photocopying, Bridal suite, Newspapers, Safety deposit box, Non-smoking rooms, […]
- Nikola Pašić square - Also known as: Trg Nikole Pašića Nikola Pašić square is one of Belgrade’s central squares surrounded by Dom Sindikata (Syndicates House), the National Parliament and Bulevar. Just beside the square is Pionirski park, the former […]
- SQUARE NINE ***** - The luxurious Square Nine Hotel is one of the top hotels in Belgrade, located at the Students’ square, just 50 meters from Knez Mihailova – the main promenade, and 100 meters from the central Kalemegdan […]
- Tašmajdan park - Tašmajdan is the second largest park in downtown Belgrade, and one of the most important in the city both historically and in terms of attractions and activities. History In Roman times stone was extracted from […]
- Kosančićev Venac - Kosančićev venac is a jewel hidden in the heart of the city, definitely worth visiting, though many Belgraders wouldn’t remember it if you ask them what should you see. It is a historical neighborhood in […]
- Skadarlija (Bajloni) market - Also known as: Bajlonijeva pijaca Why visit: Fresh organic food, Cheap, Architecture, Skadarlija street Skadarlija market is one of the largest and most important markets in downtown Belgrade, located in Dorćol, below Skadarska street. It’s […]
- Dorćol - Dorćol is a neighborhood in the very center of Belgrade, and one of it’s oldest parts, situated just beside Kalemegdan fortress, and on the Danube waterfront. The lower Dorćol town developed on the long road […]
- Zeleni Venac - Zeleni Venac is a large square, a major public transportation hub (towards New Belgrade and Zemun) and the most popular market in Belgrade. It is also the oldest green market still in function.