EXIT festival is the best known Serbian festival worldwide, and one of the most popular fests in the country. For the last fourteen years, EXIT has been the main event in Novi Sad, and featured numerous music superstars. It has won several awards, among others for the Best Overseas Festival, and the Best Major European Festival.
This year, some of the featured artists are Gloria Gaynor, Jamiroquai, Skrillex, Carl Cox and Afrojack.
EXIT is more than a music festival. During the day, the crowds enjoy hanging out around the camps, relax at some of the nearby beaches, or go exploring the Serbian capital of culture.
The festival is held at a spectacular environment, more than twenty stages are spread across Petrovaradin fortress, the biggest one in Serbia.
Tip: Find the best accommodation offers in Novi Sad here.
The easiest way to travel by plane is to fly to Belgrade airport. The best alternatives are Budapest (Hungary), Timisoara (Romania) or Osijek (Croatia).
From the surrounding airports you can get an official EXIT coach to Novi Sad. The bus takes 1.5 hours from Belgrade and it takes 4-5 hours from Budapest. Shuttle service is also organized for other airports. Prices start at 9.99 EUR.
Novi Sad is also connected to major European railroads, so you can come by train, for even more adventure (trains in Serbia are very slow, but are an interesting experience for themselves).
EXIT in numbers
- More than 2 400 000 fans went through our gates from 2000 to 2014.
- 18, 96 km is the average length a visitor walks during the four days of the festival.
- 16 km is the total length of the catacombs beneath the Petrovaradin Fortress.
- There are over 280 000 fans that liked our EXIT facebook page.
- People from more than 60 different countries visit EXIT every year.
- 163 days is the total sum of all festival days since EXIT’s founding until today
- Over 5 500 musicians performed at EXIT since 2000.
- About 100 trucks full of equipment are needed to build the festival each year
- 5000 bands have a profile on Exitmusic.rs
- The State of Exit foundation donated 75 travel grants for students, as well as 9 grants for student projects.
- 24 years and 194 days is the age of an average visitor of EXIT Festival
As of April, 2014, via official website
Official website: ExitFest.org